Thursday, June 28, 2007

Jizo! Jizo shows up in the Inari worship center, too, so all my favorite deites are collected in one place.
I went inside the temple but couldn't see what was enshrined there. I think it's Benzaiten, or Saraswati, one of the seven gods of luck and a manifestation of Dakini-ten, all of which are Buddhist.
I talked to one of the priests who was selling charms and one of the custodians and they were very nice. They gave me an english language pamphlet and sold me an amulet. I asked what they were best known for and they said business success, so I bought one. I'm hoping it will help with research too. The priest struck some sparks before the amulet and said a prayer before giving it to me, which I've never seen before.

1 Comments:

At 1:25 AM, Blogger claudia said...

Warmed amulets -- now that's what I call service.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home